There is a “tutor program” to support foreign residents who have difficulty with understanding letters from schools and public offices.
・Introduction Video of Tutor Program (YouTube)
Those who would like to use the Tutor Program
- Foreign residents live in Fukuoka City
Contents of Language Support
- Brief translation of letters and others from schools or public offices
- Consultation in daily life, etc.
- 1 year
Application process and languages
How to use the service
- Send an application for tutor program.
- Fukuoka City International Foundation will match tutors and users.
- You will meet the tutor online for the first time, and decide how to contact each other (SNS, e-mail. etc.) from next time.
- If there is any letter or document you have trouble understanding, contact your tutor by attaching a photo of a letter.
- Your tutor will contact you with in a few days with a brief translation.
Tutors are volunteers registered with Fukuoka International Foundation “Volunteer Bank”. Please follow the rules when you use the service.
Rules of Tutor Program
- When you meet your tutor online for the first time, please decide how you would like to contact with each other from next time.
- Do not contact your tutor late at night or early in the morning.
- Your tutor may not be able to reply back to you promptly. Try to have plenty of time for the reply.
- Do not bother your tutor by contacting them every day.
Rules of Tutor Program(For users)
Rules of Tutor Program (For volunteers)
- Tutor will support you by translating the letters from schools of public offices briefly.
- Tutor is not an expert. This is a translation and information providing assistance with the best effort, so the translation and information may not always be correct.
- Please do not ask for support from friends or other people.
- Please answer the questionnaire after the service period is over.
- Please do not lend or borrow money.