Fukuoka City Consultation Support Center for Foreign Residents
Provide information and consultations that are essential to all aspects of a foreign national’s life, including visa, work, medical, child care, education, and so forth. Multilingual service is available.
Free counseling on immigration, legal and personal matters is available for foreign residents.
Support staff for evacuees fleeing Ukraine is now available at the Consultation Support Center from August 8th, 2022.
Fukuoka City International Center 1F Access
Toll Free: 0120-66-1799
LINE Call: Link New!
Call charged: 092-262-1799
Consultation on Everyday Life
9:00～18:00 ※Closed on Saturday, Sunday, Holidays, and Dec.29 ~Jan.3
- Italy ★
- Indonesian ★
- Khmer ★
- Sinhalese ★
- Spanish ★
- Thai ★
- Tagalog ★
- German ★
- Nepali ★
- Hindi ★
- French ★
- Vietnamese ★
- Bengali ★
- Portuguese ★
- Malaysian ★
- Mongolian ★
- Burmese ★
- YASASHII Nihongo
- Russian ★
※Phone translation or tablet device will be used for ★ languages.
※★Hindi became available from April 2021 and ★Bengali from December 2021.
Professional Consultation Services for Foreign Residents
①②：An interpreter can be provided on request. (If you wish to request an interpretation service other than Chinese or English, please consult with Information Desk well in advance.
③：English or Japanese
- Free Legal Counseling for Foreign Nationals
- Free Consultation on Immigration, Residence and Nationality for Foreign Nationals
- Free Personal Counseling for Foreign Nationals
Support Staff for Evacuees fleeing Ukraine
Support staff is now available for more extensive support for evacuees fleeing Ukraine. Feel free to contact us by telephone, contact form or just dropping by the center.
Monday to Friday, except weekends, national holidays and new year holidays
- Daily Life Support: meet and pick up the Ukrainian evacuees at the Fukuoka Airport, accompany for glossary shopping, medical institution, or municipal offices, advice on everyday living rules such as garbage pickup or traffic regulations etc.
- Consulting for the support offers
- Translation Documents from Municipal governments and event information
- Dissemination of Information regarding Ukrainian evacuee support
9:00～18:00 ※Closed on Saturday, Sunday, Holidays and Dec.29 ~ Jan.3.
Fukuoka City International Center 1F
Browsing and Borrowing Books
You can browse library books such as English paperbacks, Language study materials, and etc. Those who live in Fukuoka Prefecture can borrow up to 2 books for 2 weeks at a time.
※ To issue a library card, you must provide a photo ID that is valid within Japan. We also ask that you present a proof of your current address as it is within Fukuoka Prefecture.
Browsing and Posting Flyers and Pamphlets
- Browsing: 9:00～21:00 ※Closed on Dec.29 ~ Jan.3
- Posting: 9:00～18:00 ※Closed on Saturday, Sunday, Holidays, and Dec.29 ~Jan.3
- Browsing: Fukuoka City International Center 4F
- Posting: Fukuoka City International Center 1F
You can find flyers and pamphlets on language schools in the area, both Japanese and foreign, as well as those of a variety of volunteer groups. Feel free to take them.
For schools and corporations looking to hire personnel with higher-level fluency in a given language, we also service requests for such flyers. In the same manner, bring completed flyers to the 1st floor information desk. For more information, call 092-262-1799.
April 1st, 2019