Volunteer Bank Outline
We have established ” Volunteer Bank” in April, 2021. There are 4 categories of volunteer activities such as “translation/interpretation”, “international exchange”, “assistance in case of disaster” and “host family”.
- Must be over 18 years of age, and live in the Greater Fukuoka Area
- Those who have language proficiency of Japanese and another language (more than conversation level)
- approximately equivalent to Eiken test grade pre-1, TOEIC730, Chinese/Korean language proficiency test grade 2, JLPT N2）
- Those who can set aside the necessary time for volunteer work
Translate or interpret from and to Japanese.
- Interpretation at parents-teachers interview at elementary/junior high schools.
- Translation at Administrative Scrivener Consultation Meeting ( You are required to join a training course).
- Life support for foreign residents (Tutor Program).
- Translation of documents and papers for foreign residents.
Support event’s plan making and operation at local civic center to help local residents and foreign residents communication.
- support operation at local international exchange event.
- support operation at events organized by Fukuoka City International Foundation.
Assistance in case of disaster
Collect information for foreign residents in case of disaster and translation/interpretation at activities to raise awareness of disaster prevention.
- translation/interpretation to give foreign residents disaster information.
- translation/interpretation at disaster drill ※You are required to join a training course.
Deepen understanding of Japanese culture and custom by staying or visiting host family’s house.
- Home Stay (Including accommodation)
- Home Visit (Excluding accommodation)
Those who want to register as a volunteer Click here.