There is a “tutor program” to support foreign residents who have difficulty with understanding letters from schools and public offices.
※Free until March 2022
Those who would like to use the Tutor Program
- Foreign residents live in Fukuoka City
Contents of Language Support
- Brief translation of letters and others from schools or public offices
- Consultation in daily life, etc.
- 4 months
Application process and languages
- Please send the application form with a copy of residence card to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please consult with us for language preferences.
How to use the service
- Send an application for tutor program.
- Fukuoka City International Foundation will match tutors and users.
- You will meet the tutor online for the first time, and decide how to contact each other (SNS, e-mail. etc.) from next time.
- If there is any letter or document you have trouble understanding, contact your tutor by attaching a photo of a letter.
- Your tutor will contact you with in a few days with a brief translation.
- Tutors are volunteers registered with Fukuoka International Foundation “Volunteer Bank”. Please follow the rules when you use the service.
Rules of Tutor Program
- When you meet your tutor online for the first time, please decide how you would like to contact with each other from next time.
- Do not contact your tutor late at night or early in the morning.
- Your tutor may not be able to reply back to you promptly. Try to have plenty of time for the reply.
- Do not bother your tutor by contacting them every day.
- Tutor will support you by translating the letters from schools of public offices briefly.
- Tutor is not an expert. This is a translation and information providing assistance with the best effort, so the translation and information may not always be correct.
- Please do not ask for support from friends or other people.
- Please answer the questionnaire after the service period is over.
- Please do not lend or borrow money.