Free Legal Counselling for Foreign Nationals
With the support of the Fukuoka Bar Association, the Fukuoka City International Foundation offers free legal consultation services to foreign nationals residing in the Fukuoka area.
Every 1st Saturday and 3rd Wednesday
*Closed: New Year’s holidays (Dec.29 – Jan.3)
Each session is 45 minutes long, beginning at the following times (includes interpretation service).
- 1st Saturday
- 3rd Wednesday
Fukuoka City International Center 1F Access（LINK）
An interpreter can be provided on request, free of charge.
If you wish to request an interpretation service other than Chinese or English, please arrange with Information Desk well in advance as it may take some time to find your desirable interpreter in time.
How to book your appointment
Step 1 Check for availability
Please confirm session availability by phone (0120-66-1799/092-262-1799) or at the Information Desk.
Step 2 Book a tentative appointment
After carefully reading the important reminders, fill out the application form and submit in any of the following ways.
1) Online 2) Directly at the Information Desk 3) by fax 4) by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* When sending your application by fax or e-mail, please be sure to confirm its delivery by telephone.
* After your application has been submitted, we will issue a certificate with a tentative appointment time.
Step 3 Appointment Confirmation
Please reconfirm your appointment on the date designated on the tentative appointment certificate.
*Please be forewarned that your appointment will be cancelled if you do not call to confirm.
Step 4 Counselling day
Please arrive at Fukuoka City International Center before the designated time on the day of your appointment.
* If you must cancel, please contact Fukuoka City International Foundation as early as possible (so we can accommodate individuals on the waiting list)
* In order to provide this service to as many people as possible, your second appointment is not accepted until two months have elapsed from your first counselling. However, if there are any spaces available during that time, specifically, three days prior to your request counselling day, then you may book your appointment.
Confidentiality of Information
Your personal information will be kept strictly confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties.