Resident Tax・Light Vehicle Tax・Property Tax・City Planning Tax
- A persong residing in Fukuoka City as of January 1st is required to pay city tax, and will be charged in June.
- Tax amout is calculated based on annual income.
- If your annual income is over 1,000,000 yen, resident tax may be imposed.
Light Vehicle Tax
- Light vehicle tax is collected from owners of motorized bikes, light motor vehicles, small special-purpose vehicle or small-sized two-wheeled vehicles whose registered permanent parking space is located in Fukuoka City as of April 1 each year.
（Even if the registered name is changed after April 1, tax will be leived upon the owner as of April 1.
Property Tax・City Planning Tax
- Those who possess property in Fukuoka City as of January 1 each year must pay property tax and city planning tax.
- Those who are required to pay city resident tax, property tax and city planning tax, etc. but do not have a domicile, residence, office or business base (hereinafter “address, etc.”) in Fukuoka City should appoint a tax agent who will receive tax notifications, pay taxes, and conduct other tax-related procedures on their behalf.
- Those who will move out of Fukuoka City or leave Japan must appoint a tax agent if you haven’t paid off your tax.
- Leaflet “Minnanoshizei” about the city tax
- For inquiry about city tax, email or call in Japanese.